Welcome to the Online Databases page which provides links to both subscription-based and free database research tools. These databases will provide you the opportunity to research and locate information, much of which can ultimately be printed out in full-text at the desktop.
We have some instructional offerings for specific producer resources and some we have created to help you. Click Here to see what is available.
A service with FREE ACCESS from the National Library of Medicine (NLM). To date, it includes over 18 million citations for biomedical literature dating back to 1948. The citations are from MEDLINE and other life sciences journals. PubMed also includes links to many publisher sites providing full text articles and other related resources.
Use this link when performing a literature search in PubMed, when you to know what is available in the collection of the Murray Memorial Library and when you want to locate items in the Stanley K. Davis Library at SAGH, use this PubMed link.
In the Abstract , AbstractPlus, or Citation display formats the Samaritan Health Services logo and/or Print Holdings icon may appear. If so, this alerts you to immediate full text online or the print availability of the journal article through our libraries.
Clicking on the Samaritan logo will send you to the complete article that you may then read and/or print. In some instances, you may need a USERNAME and PASSWORD to read the complete article. If so, contact a librarian at either GSRMC (541) 768-6200 or SAGH (541) 812-4446.
MD Consult brings many of the leading medical resources together into one integrated online platform helping physicians and other healthcare professionals efficiently find answers to clinical questions all to make better treatment decisions.
Designed to meet the needs of clinical practitioners, it provides numerous features that allows you to quickly access the precise information you need.
When not on the Samaritan Intranet, access requires a USERNAME and PASSWORD. Contact library staff at either GSRMC (541) 768-6200 or SAGH (541) 812-4446 to obtain one.
- Leading Medical Reference Books: The complete text of over 50 leading medical reference books. Users can search the entire collection simultaneously to pinpoint the specific information needed. Also, search and compare over 50,000 high-quality images.
- Full-Text Journals and Clinics of North America: Full text articles are available through a powerful search engine that includes the complete contents of over 80 journals and Clinics of North America. PDFs are available for many of the journal and Clinics of North America articles.
- Journal Databases: Simultaneously search the full text of our online journals and millions of MEDLINE abstracts.
- Clinical Practice Guidelines: Access our collection of more than 1,000 peer-reviewed practice guidelines, which are regularly updated and organized by topic and authoring organization for easy browsing.
- Patient Education: Nearly 10,000 printable, patient handouts which you can customize, adding your own notes, patient instructions, and contact information.
- CME: Grand Rounds activities across 15 specialties. FREE CME credit for the first five conferences that you submit for credit. Plus Clinical Cornerstone and FREE CME, sponsored by Exerpta Medica.
- Drug Information: MD Consult drug information is provided by Gold Standard.
CINAHL®, the Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature, is the most comprehensive resource for nursing and allied health literature.
Designed to meet the needs of researchers, it provides numerous features that allows you to quickly access the precise information you need.
CINAHL® Plus with Full Text provides access to the full text for more than 750 journals indexed in the CINAHL database with some full text coverage dating back to 1937. There is also the availabilty of the full text for more than 220 books/monographs.
To utilize this valuable resource from outside the Samaritan Health Services network, a Username and Password is required and can be easily obtained by contacting library staff at either GSRMC (541) 768-6200 or SAGH (541) 812-4446.
The Cochrane Library contains high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making. It includes reliable evidence from Cochrane and other systematic reviews, clinical trials, and more. Cochrane reviews bring you the combined results of the world’s best medical research studies, and are recognized as the gold standard in evidence-based health care.
To utilize this valuable resource from outside the Samaritan Health Services network, a Username and Password is required and can be easily obrtained by contacting library staff at either GSRMC (541) 768-6200 or SAGH (541) 812-4446.
Free Access Databases
Page Last Updated: March 26, 2009